- This event has passed.
EPA Webinar – Harmful Algal Blooms
November 9, 2021 - November 10, 2021
Register at https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_B7J5tY92RtGVlh2QxvqDrg
Harmful Algal Blooms: The federal and innovative funding sources for the prevention, monitoring, and treatment of harmful algal blooms
November 9-10 at 11:00am – 2:00 pm MT
During this virtual forum, participants from federal agencies will provide an overview of the federal funding programs related to harmful algal blooms (HABs), the funding allocation/application process for those programs, and how inland and coastal communities can use the programs to address HABs challenges.
Invited speakers will provide an overview of federal funding programs from:
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
The forum will also include presentations from communities that have utilized funds from these federal programs as well as a session dedicated to the discussion of innovative funding sources and approaches.
During the forum, we will:
- Provide information to participants on federal sources available to fund the prevention, monitoring, and treatment of HABs;
- Hear about real-world examples of communities that have successfully used these funding sources for HABS related projects; and,
- Allow participants to share perspectives with federal agencies on their experiences, challenges, and successes accessing funding for HABs.